2017 PETER AUTO CALENDAR
NINE EVENTS AND SOME NEWCOMERS!
Even though the 2016 season isn’t over yet Peter Auto is already announcing its 2017 calendar, which contains a certain number of well-known and eagerly-awaited events like the 26th Tour Auto Optic 2ooo and the 4th Chantilly Arts & Elegance Richard Mille - and some newcomers! These reflect Peter Auto’s determination to feed and recharge the passion that exists between itself and its public and participants who flock to the events organised by the company in ever-increasing numbers.
- Jarama Classic (31 March-1-2 April): the event held on the Jarama circuit beside Madrid was part of this year’s calendar, and it will again kick off the 2017 season with the six Peter Auto grids – Classic Endurance Racing 1 & 2, Heritage Touring Cup, Sixties’ Endurance, Trofeo Nastro Rosso and Group C Racing: they will be joined by guest grids.
- Spa-Classic (19-20-21 May): the meeting in Belgium on what is the drivers’ favourite circuit has gradually expanded to become one of the major European rendezvous for historic racing cars.
- Grand Prix de l’Age d’Or (9-10-11 June): this great name in historic racing, which was taken over again by Peter Auto in 2014, has recovered its former glory. It has become a choice rendezvous because of its much-loved circuit, which has just been given a revamp, as well as the art de vivre in Burgundy.
- Monza Historic (30 June-1-2 July): the Monza Autodromo, the temple of speed and home of the famous tifosi, which Peter Auto already visited in 2015, will host the usual Peter Auto grids as well as guest grids as summer sets in.
- Les Dix Mille Tours (20-21-22 October): the 8th Dix Mille Tours du Castellet that rings down the curtain on the Peter Auto season will take place on the Paul Ricard circuit with the Peter Auto grids.
THE BLUE-RIBAND EVENTS
- Tour Auto Optic 2ooo (24-30 April): the 26th staging of this event, which has helped cement Peter Auto’s reputation, will be run over a new route in the west of France with a leg in Brittany for the first time in the Tour’s history, and the finish in Biarritz.
- Chantilly Arts & Elegance Richard Mille (10th September): this event, the brainchild of Peter Auto, combining Concours d’Elegance, Concours d’Etat, Concours de Club and the French Art de Vivre has been held three times (2014, 2015 and 2016), and has conquered the general public as well as attracting participants from all over the world. It is now part of the three most prestigious rendezvous of its type and next year’s Chantilly Arts & Elegance Richard Mille, the fourth, promises to be an even more spectacular event.
- Collectors Motorbikes (7-8-9 July): thanks to the ever-increasing success of Le Mans Classic organised every two years in collaboration with the Automobile Club de l’Ouest, the two partners have decided to hold an event in early July on the Bugatti circuit for all the fans of collector, retro, classic and historic motorbikes (name and additional information will be supplied at a later date).
- Hungaroring-Classic (29-30 September-1 October): one of Peter Auto’s main aims is to give participants in its different grids the opportunity to race on new circuits on a regular basis. In 2017, it is organising a historic event on the Hungaroring 18 km north-east of Budapest for the first time.
31 March-1-2 April
TOUR AUTO OPTIC 2ooo
GRAND PRIX DE L’AGE D’OR (Dijon-Prenois circuit)
30 June-1-2 July
COLLECTORS’ MOTORBIKES (Bugatti circuit)
CHANTILLY ARTS & ELEGANCE RICHARD MILLE
29-30 September-1 October
DIX MILLE TOURS (Paul Ricard)